Sunday, July 1, 2012

My heart has been full of love and gratitude today, for my family, for my life, for my friends, and the opportunities we have to grow. This comes during a time of great stress and uncertainty regarding where our family is to go, what we are to do, and how we are going to survive the aftermath of school. In just two and a half weeks, Taylor graduates and becomes the proud owner of a very hard earned Bachelor's degree. He has not been deterred from accomplishing his goals during all 4 years, and we have tried hard to support him and help him feel free to do what he must to succeed.

Now we are full of uncertainty, and no real firm feelings as to what we should do and where we should go, but I feel blessed to have struggled through these past 4 years with my husband and children. We have done this together, and Taylor is honored by the school for his accomplishments. I feel honored as well that he has taken this opportunity and turned it into something we can all be proud of. He is graduating with a 3.96 GPA, and has received the Newel K. Whitney award. His GPA will most likely get him the Summa Cum Laude honor, but we haven't heard the official word on that yet.

The last 4 years have been the hardest I think I've ever lived. We struggled through intense stress on so many fronts and the level of emotions at times were at depths I've never experienced before. But never at any time did we question our decision for Taylor to get his degree, and never did we consider quitting. To have made it through what we did, with not only a degree, but with such high honors, has made the struggle worth it. This is not only an accomplishment for Taylor, but for our whole family.

My gratitude goes to my Father in Heaven who surely sustained us all. But I'm actually kinda sad that it's over. It has been a wild ride, and we have come to love this place, the people here, and I will really miss it. This has become home to me and I had daydreams about my children growing up surrounded by the people I have come to know and love. I realize that we will be able to call another place home and good people will be there as well, I just wish I could keep everyone with me as we move on.

I am positive that the Lord will continue to sustain us as we strive to do the right thing and while we struggle through our next chapter of life. The things we lived through these last 4 years has given us experience in shouldering our burdens with a righteous goal in mind, and I know that the blessings and strength we have gained from it will keep our feet on the path of hope and faith.

Thank you to all who have supported us, whether through monetary means, through prayer, or by just being our friends. Much love to you all.

1 comment:

angelalois said...

Woot woot! Congrats and welcome to the other side. A steady paycheck is reeeeeeally nice. But now my hub has work stress he brings home, and that isn't fun. best wishes for the future!