Sunday, March 18, 2012

Adding the Hood

Jeriah needed a new jacket. It's spring, his winter coat was too small and I patched up a lot of seams on it already. So, we went to DI (Deseret Industries) to find a jacket for him. I looked and looked, and nothing seemed to fit right, or what I liked he didn't, or there was just something strange about the jacket. Until I finally found one that fit him, and he liked, and there wasn't anything real strange about it. Except it had no hood.

Jeriah is very particular about what he wears. He won't wear long-sleeved anything, sweaters, sweatshirts, or certain kinds of pants. He also won't wear a coat or jacket without a hood.

So, this jacket wasn't coming home with us unless I promised I could do something about it.



We have this green jacket, but the zipper didn't work anymore and it was going in the garbage. So, I cut off the hood.


After some figuring, practice, and mistakes, I finally sewed button holes on the hood, buttons on the jacket, and then buttoned that hood on the new jacket. And guess what? He loves it! 




No comments: